25 January 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (6)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine which asks what book we're most looking forward to.

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
Publication date: July 10, 2012
Publisher: Random House

Four decades of peace have done little to ease the mistrust between humans and dragons in the kingdom of Goredd. Folding themselves into human shape, dragons attend court as ambassadors, and lend their rational, mathematical minds to universities as scholars and teachers. As the treaty's anniversary draws near, however, tensions are high. Seraphina Dombegh has reason to fear both sides. An unusually gifted musician, she joins the court just as a member of the royal family is murdered—in suspiciously draconian fashion. Seraphina is drawn into the investigation, partnering with the captain of the Queen's Guard, the dangerously perceptive Prince Lucian Kiggs. While they begin to uncover hints of a sinister plot to destroy the peace, Seraphina struggles to protect her own secret, the secret behind her musical gift, one so terrible that its discovery could mean her very life.

A book to add to the Fantasy genre!! This sounds like it can only be amazing. There shall be no suckage in this book. Right? Right. *please*

What book are you waiting for??

11 comments :

  1. Like the sound of this, but prefer the other version of the cover more. Nice choice!

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dying to read this book, it may be a silly reason, but the name is close to the nickname I used almost everywhere ;) great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating cover and blurb...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST - and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome! The illustration on the cover is pretty a WOW on its own.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for the versatile blogger award!

    http://amidnightsummersread.blogspot.com/2012/01/blogger-award-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha this does look good and hopefully there won't be any 'suckage', lol!

    Awesome post, awesome blog (LOVE the header:D) Following your now:)

    Fran
    BookChowDown

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, dragons folding themselves up to attend court!! Interesting! Thx for sharing!

    I'm a new GFC. My Wow is here: Colorimetry

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so interesting! I love the cover very old-world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you signed up on Netgalley? It's available there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for commenting! I always appreciate and read each one! I also try to reply to each one, but I'm really bad at this, so I apologize in advance for one (or any) I may miss. Please note, I love all of my commenters. In fact, it may be more like "in love." Comment at your own risk.